Case Study: Transition Planning
Fostering new leadership and increasing engagement to ensure a lasting legacy
VisionOne was referred to help a multinational training company business owner and his family understand his transition goals and options. He was tired and ready to “turn in the keys” for the business, yet revenues had declined and the company was significantly under-performing, leading to unmet expectations. They asked VisionOne to help them determine their options while maximizing value, in order to transition well.
The VisionOne Solution:
- Worked with owner and his wife to understand their short and long-term goals.
- Assessed the company’s key value drivers, leaders, and culture.
- Provided fractional, c-level leadership and support, allowing the owner time to be on sabbatical and identify his personal and family’s legacy goals.
- Evolved business model to “stop the bleeding” and position company for growth.
- Helped establish key relationships with key trusted advisors to ensure that personal and business goals were being collectively met.
After a significant eight-year decline in revenues and profits, the company was stabilized in the first six months and moved into the growth phase. The owner was realigned into a role that supported his strengths, which fostered greater levels of leadership among his team and increased engagement. The new business model is opening up growth opportunities for the organization as they continue to dream again, radically impact the lives of their customers, and leave a legacy.